Monday, November 8, 2010

Text Coupons


This past weekend my girlfriend dragged me down to Lebanon, Tennessee to go shopping at the outlets mall. While there I saw a sign that said to send a text to the number provided to receive a coupon. So I pulled out my phone and sent a text to the number. Almost immediately I received a text message in response with a coupon to instantly take 20% off my purchase. How Great! All I had to do was show the cashier the text on my phone which had the discount code. I had not yet personally experienced this type of discounting. I had read about it and worked on a project similar for KFC during my internship at Creative Alliance. So if you’re at the outlets in Lebanon, make sure you have your phone handy!

5 comments:

  1. This is pretty cool for sure! Were there other companies that offered this type of discount or was it just one store. This is a great way for comapnies to market themselves, which staying "green" at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! Do you know how much this service costs? I think it would be a lot less than mailing junk mail to a ton of people that don't even look at it before throwing it away. I think that to get the word out they could use social media. Do you know how they are promoting the text coupons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a neat idea. I just hope that it was a store you liked to use that 20% off. Im certain that more places will try and promote the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. It's crazy how popular text messaging has become and how many things it is used for these days. For example, I know you can vote for Big Red as Mascot of the year by sending in your vote through text message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how much it costs for a company to utilize this tool, however I plan to do some investigating! Unfortunately, it was not a store I was interested in, but my girlfriend sure was!

    ReplyDelete