LinkedIn will be soon be releasing the launch of Career Explorer, a new job finding feature that is aimed toward newly college grads.
Career Explorer gives you the ability to surf a variety of career paths based on your level of education, location, and even your dream industry. Career Explorer is set to initially launch featuring a total of 60 universities in the US. It is assumed that LinkedIn already has plans for more to follow shortly. LinkedIn says that this new job finding tool will be helpful for the following:
- To map out career paths. Based on your work interests and take into account the paths of established professionals. You can also create and save multiple paths.
- Find relevant connections.
- Learn about your desired job. The site will give you stats like average age of individuals that hold the position you want, as well as geographic distribution.
- Find job openings.
- Recommend people in your network for jobs.
- Suggest companies to follow.