Monday, October 11, 2010

Social Media Manager

I have to admit, it has been a while since I have taken the time to read the blogs I follow. I’m sorry! I realized how many I have missed in such a short period of time. With so many interesting blogs and current news and events it is becoming increasingly difficult to remain up to date. Not to mention it is becoming a chore keeping up with Tweets and Facebook updates. That’s not including the blogs, websites, Tweets and Facebook account of companies I like to stay current with. Overwhelmed, I then forgot where I saw a particular story I wanted to reread. Was it in my Facebook account? In a Blog? In a Tweet? Or was it in my email? Who knows?!?! When will I be able to utilize a service to keep up with all of this for me? One that will make it easy for me to sort through the boring and keep the good stuff?

This service might be here sooner than I thought. While reading through TechCrunch blogs, I stumbled upon a blog about a personal search engine still in private beta. Introspectr, part of a new class of startups trying to tackle the developing problem many individuals are now facing; keeping up with all of your media streams. Once you give Introspectr access to your Twitter, Facebook, and Gmail account, it indexes them for you. Introspectr allows you to search for any term and it will bring up all the Tweets, emails and Facebook messages where the keyword is found.

I also read that Greplin is another startup in this class that has been released. As for right now there seems to be flaws with both startups, but they are heading in the right direction and most importantly they are trying to position themselves in the market before their competitors. It won’t be long until we will all  be using these personal search engines to manage all of our media streams. I can hold my own when it comes to staying current with social media and technology but it is becoming more and more difficult for me to manage all of the available information. With new social media streams developing and gaining popularity daily, we will all start searching for help from a service like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment